Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Murdering an Ideology

so after being betrayed by PBS Nova, i feel like a little bit of belly-aching

I just turned off the tv and walked out of my room after said program showed the footage taken from a Predator Drone as Taliban officials were systematically murdered by bombs.
Fireworks are neat, but I've always been under the impression that when people who are running from them are hit with them, it turns suddenly not fun.
It just seems like we (the human race) should have evolved from this Neanderthal way of thinking: you hit me, so I'm going to hit you back - harder.
Both sides of this fight are so dumb
they don't know when to stop, and the sad thing is that when smart people come across this grave error in their judgment, they are too captivated by the struggle, too entertained, to do anything about it.
Instead of guiding the two dumb sides like parents would a child, we videotape it for the scrap books.
"hey, remember back in 2001 when i got in a fight with Afghanistan?
that's right.
I kicked his ass"

I'm starting to sympathize with the "terrorists."
They're like those geeks in school that just get pissed off with all the swirlies and taunting in the hallways - being ignored

I don't know. I can't get my thoughts together.
i'm just so pissed/horrified that our society is condoning such horrible actions
by showing them on television right after the cartoons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home