Friday, February 10, 2006

sacrifices

everyone makes sacrifices. i make them everyday. starts with getting out of the warm bed. next comes taking the shower. then brushing the teeth; brushing the tounge. and then the mouth wash. oh and the flossing. if you floss, you're just a glutton for punishment. you're like buddha then. it's all sacrifice.

today i took my grandmother out shopping.
it was good until she started barking directions i should take.
see, my grandmother has a thing about remembering things.
she doesn't sometimes.
so when she started telling me about this food mark. i'd never been to
or even heard of in my life.
i thought she was talking about buy-low.
wrong move.
i was half way through my turn off of lincoln
when this little woman exploded like an altas,
almost scaring me enough to crash into a car.
she was set that she knew where the mark. was
and that i was going the wrong direction.
so i gave in, sitting up on my high car-seat,
positive that she would lead us into some part of the south side
i had never been to before in my life.
then we somehow ended up in the parking lot of the
mark. she wanted to go to all along.
i felt kind of bad, that when she had forgotten the street names
i automatically lost all faith in her direction.
but when i apologized, she didn't mind.
all she wanted was some cherry-pie filling, a bone for her dog 3.0
and some canned vegtables and fruit.
she even knew where all of those items were
after not being in that store for over 5 years.
she just went along dragging her support walker behind her
as she told me what to get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home