Friday, February 10, 2006

i'm going to move into a neighborhood and they'll get crack

Outside, having fun here, opening bird cages
Wondering if one will come back to teach how to fly
Watching as they steam up toward the night sages
With the cages all empty there's not a wing in the sky

Huddled up cold in the opening days of winter
pissed about never being able to remember to buy
a heavier jacket and if its amount - less than okay
pair of pants with the legs not torn out

Set out to gather some wood for the fire. All the
trees are cut down, but managed to find a tire
Going back to the house, locking up tight after night.
The sun sets on Alaska.

Weeks have gone bye and months are worn out
till the sound that only comes from something's mouth.
I finally see the day that I can go out of my house.

I walk to the ghost town square to stretch my legs a bit
Where I see a bird sitting on the hip of a statue of this man
no one knows the whereabouts. Immortalized forever in
this one man town. The bird sings out a song.
And stops does the drop of sand. I look at the time
glass in my eye. I notice that once out of my home
I was smaller then.
It asked me who I was
And replied
I "that snow... man"

I kind of like it for the obvious dope reference.
I other news, I burried my electric razor alive today upon being told that people liked me better when I shaved. Thanks, grandma. No, she wasn't the one who said it, but kind of wish she was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home