Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Jobs ain't nothing but free pens and long distance calls


sage and i


the guitarist touring with sage (forgot his name) and i (bastard for not remembering names)

This was the last song of the concert. I can't really remember what he said, but it was along the lines of we're going to make such a connection with eachother through this song that the roof of this building will blow off and the sky will rain just for us.

Bridle

Maze broken
She’s runnin’
Feet swollen
He’s comin’
She’s stolen
And before he even knows it she’s gone.
Tea cups sittin’ on the hollow tree stumps
He’s dumped, and can’t seem to swallow these lumps
The beat goes on…

Same fire
New passion
Old flame
Trade it in for a summer fling
There’s nothing like that sweet old song…

Tip over
Root the trees
Bend the leaves
Blend in with the open wound
The freeze frames keep him warm…

The day’s frost is scrapped off the weight loss
The new sign that says keep off
As he speeds off into the storm…

Out of spite the lighting strikes him twice
He’s peeking out on the pike and cheatin life
Pealing out on the lawn

Now he’s idling
His time is dwindling
In his mind he’s figuring out life’s about the little things
And his labyrinth
And all his magnificent can only keep the mice trapped
The princess is innocent
She doesn’t belong…

(I never thought I’d miss you)
They had a ceremony where he put her in a bridle, the headstall…
She stopped to think for a minute, and in a split second went AWOL.
(I never thought I’d miss you)
He draws in the chin as in a expression of resentment or scorn

He’s pullin’ on the reigns, the bridle, the shower the storm
The maze, the high tower, clouds are at war…
The reigns, the bridle, the shower, the storm…
The maze, high tower, clouds are at war
The reigns, the bridle, the shower, the storm…
The maze, the high tower, clouds are at war, clouds are at war, clouds are at war...

(I never thought I’d miss you)


SOLE (the coolest rapper with red hair) and i


swamburger and i


alexandrah and i


DiViNCi (craziest mofo on the beat machine) and i


Here's the last song on Sol illaquists of Sound's set.


"Mark It Place"

VERSE 1
(Swam and Alex)
I heard that black and Hispanic consumers were considered the easiest target markets on the scene since DAMAGED and USED jeans.

I heard that chris columbus discovered nothing but native's living here he killed them and you senselessly celebrated your thanksgiving here.

I heard that GUESS clothing used to be a symbolic sign for homosexuals to identify like kinds.

I heard that kids are only most likely to read cigarette ads placed conveniently low enough for them to see

HOOK
this is the market place, hucksters, monopolies, schools of charts, diagrams, programs, microchips.
this is the market, advertising slight of hand
out the corners of the public eye, supplying what the times demand
this is the market place, piggy banks, open hand, gimme some, kill a man, business move, billboard.
this is the market place, from field of dreams -
growing goodness it would seem, but solely strictly fortified to control your mind

VERSE 2
I saw an anorexic woman taking the place of a cellulite reality on every magazine cover actually.

I saw photos of area 51 by satellites in the air,
but the government says it doesn't exist, so they still claim it isn't there

I saw subliminal messages in the movie theater flashing popcorn in between cuts to make me buy later.

I saw the american flag, waving proudly on its own without a care,
but it was on the moon, and there's no wind out there

I saw the small print answer that may cause cancer. I saw the government give cheese to break-dancers.

I saw graduation speeches saying, "all are individuals"
everyone's listening wearing identical robes and following traditional rituals

I saw the world capitalize on death to benefit the patriot then claim to remember once the revolution was televised.

I saw women crying, mutilated, tricked as victims, worried thinking,
"I don't fit the definition someone else created."

(HOOK)

VERSE 3
I know the game had better stop before we run out of crops. half of the food you eat now yo, it's made from props.

I know that often lives we're living don't reflect the life we're given
all the differs from the self, and what we all consider wealth

I know the world don't move to the beat of one drum cause the heart cost money but my hands are numb.

I know that we are taught to follow, and not taught to follow through
it's hopeless if you're looking down on leaders, cause: it's up to you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lookin goood Stephen!

3:11 PM  
Blogger NoobJenkins said...

why thank you, patty. i'm sure your knocking 'em dead just as well!

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home