Saturday, April 11, 2009

and because humans are fucked up...

here you go.

War Photographer
The Bang-Bang Club

I was reading around on Henry Rollins' blog and he mentioned the bang-bang club as being a great read. Then I found war photographer on onebigtorrent.com. I'm watching it right now. It's hard... I mean, both to watch and that these people are just hard motherfuckers. I always thought that Christiane Amanpour, CNN's cheif international correspondent, was just kind of this one corporate hooker. I never really though of her as having credentials, but she does. It's a tough film that follows around James Nachtwey on his reports in Kosovo after the war, Rwanda after the genocide, Indonesia during the poverty, and so on.

"...it was like taking the express elevator to hell," James Nachtwey said in describing photographing a cholera epidemic in the refugee camps after the Rwanda massacres. "..it was hard to get over that."


and so it goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home