Monday, September 03, 2007

"What are you doing?! We do not eat apricots in the armored personnel carriers!"
Daddy Lang

TOday i was out watching the flock of humming birds that have set up shop in my father's backyard. He's set up quite the collection of feeders with extra sugary nectar. It reminded me of the time when I was seven - my friend Cameron and I were in the ally-way behind the backyard of the house I grew up in playing with BB guns. I saw a humming bird, took aim and shot it to both of our surprise. It seemed to float down from the power line it perched on like a leaf. That was the first time I realized the gravity of death - how it reduces you to an object from a being....

Damn it. It must be the cold fronts coming in causing me to recollect on all of this downer bullshit. I am on holiday. Fuck all of this rubbish about life and death because right now it's irrelevant to my situation. Whoooha! Fiesta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home