Saturday, June 25, 2005

After watching the film
i went outside for a cigarette
with my black hood up and sat on
the steps leading up to the stone path
from the street while drinking a mt. dew.
while just thinking about the current
set of happy but troubled mishaps
I looked across the street and saw
a beautiful white cat peering out at me
from behind the electricity meter out-front
the shrubbery of the house there.
I didn't want to scare it away
it was a beautiful cat
like an ideal that is impossible
so there I sat.
thinking about
it watching me watching it.
then after looking across the blvd. at it
for the length of the bottom half of my cigarette
I realized that it wasn't a cat.
it was nothing at all
just the white house and the shrubs
in the shape of a cat
that was never there

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home